Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Los Angeles to Dublin


This four month adventure began August 19th, when I headed off to LAX. Naturally, I wasn't packed until the second I was walking out the door, and even then I knew I had forgotten to pack a lot. Mom dropped my off at the airport and it was surreal feeling, not like I was taking off for months, more like a 5 day trip to go visit friends. Airports are a pain in LA, New York and Dublin, overall though, everything went smoothly.

I met Rae (a friend and sorority sister from WSU) when I landed in Dublin and we waited to be picked up by some family friends of ours. That first day we ended up going into town with their daughter Grace and got to see Trinity College, one of the oldest and most distinguished Universities in Ireland and a lot of the local shops and pubs. Rae and I got to experience our first pint of Guinness and it wasn't too bad! Friday night we went to a birthday party with Ben, the son of our family friends and got to meet a bunch of his friends from Trinity. It was just like any party in the US, except we were the 2 kids with the weird accents. When we got home we were long since ready to go to bed, it had been 40 hours of being awake.

We took a tour of Dublin on a red bus and enjoyed the sites and being super tourist-y. Part of that tour was the Guinness Storehouse. It was multiple floors of ingredients and how the beer is made. The top level is the gravity bar where everyone gets a free pint of Guinness and the greatest view anyone can have of Ireland.

Tomorrow Rae, Grace and I are headed on another tour to see the famous Cliffs of Moher, Galway City, the beautiful countryside and old traditional thatched cottages. To come is a link to the multitude of pictures that I have been taking!

Signing off for now,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. aww, you're making me miss my study abroad semester! :) have a blast, kelly, it's the best time of your college years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guiness is nasssssty. I only drink 1 a year. haha...love you and miss you. SKYPE SOON! ajwalike

    ReplyDelete